26 Jun 2014
Visit Allergy Adventures® at the Allergy & Free From Show sponsored by Udi's Gluten Free
Posted: 26 Jun 2014
Are you braced and ready for the three day fest of free from feasting and fun? It starts on July the 4th and the Allergy Adventures® tour bus is being packed up, ready to roll in to Olympia.
This year Allergy Adventures® is one of the feature stands of the show; have a look at the floor plan. We're bottom right, near the free from café, so you can have fun with us, then grab a coffee. Sweet.
At the Allergy Adventures® stand your child can enjoy:
- making Paper Plate Mates (here are some from last year's show)
- story time at 11am, 1pm and 3pm every day
The plan is to photograph all the Paper Plate Mates created on our stand, and to make them into a short film on Allergy Adventures® YouTube channel. Children can then enjoy hunting out their 'mate' and will be chuffed to see their creation hitting the small screen near you ;). (Subscribe to the YouTube channel today and you'll be notified when new videos are released.)
At the Allergy Adventures® stand adults can enjoy picking the brains of my special guests:
- Sarah; a mother of a child with allergies and volunteer with Anaphylaxis Campaign and Allergy UK.
- Nia; what she doesn't know about allergy baking isn't worth knowing
- Clare; who took Tesco to task over confusing allergy labelling
And me of course! Find out why I started Allergy Adventures, fun ideas in store and my plans to improve allergy education in schools.
Tips for visiting the Allergy & Free From Show 2014, sponsored by Udi's Gluten Free
1. Bring a huge bag/trolley (!) to carry all the loot that you'll get. Lots of the stands have offers and it's a great way to save some money on free from products you love.
2. Come with your thoughts and suggestions for free from food producers. Maybe you find their biscuits way too sweet for toddlers? Do you wish they'd omit certain allergens to increase their appeal? Then tell them! And tell me too; it's a great opportunity to share constructive feedback about Allergy Adventures®, I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
3. Check the ingredients of everything that you're offered. The food stalls are keen to offer samples, but not all of the food is free from all allergens. Don't let down your allergy guard.
4. Make time to attend the free lectures given by allergy experts, and head to the Sainsbury's Kitchen to pick up cooking tips.
5. Wear comfortable shoes. You'll cover a lot of ground during the course of a day, so choose shoes that love you. ;)
Have a great time at the show, I'm looking forward to seeing you there!comments powered by Disqus
...and if you still need convincing? Click here to watch Allergy Adventures® short promotional video of the show. Oo and don't forget to download your free ticket here!