- Prep (min) 20
- Cook (min) 15-20
- Free from
- Dairy (DF)
- Egg (EF)
- Gluten (GF)
- Nuts (NF)
- Peanut (PF)
- Soya (SF)
- Sesame (SeF)
- Shellfish (ShF)
- Fish (FF)
Brazilian World Cup-Cakes!
These cupcakes celebrate Brazilian flavours, their flag and football fever fun! Remember to let a grown-up check every packet label for allergens (and traces of allergens) before you start.
150g spinach leaves
250ml Biona organic coconut milk (tin) (add 100ml extra if you're not using Biona)
2 limes (zest & juice)
300g gluten free self raising flour
60g shredded coconut
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
120g dairy free spread
4 tbsp Birds custard powder
300g egg free icing sugar
1 tsp Biona organic coconut milk (tin)
12 blueberries (to decorate)
1. Take one grown-up and put them in charge. Then preheat your oven to 180˚C, 350˚F, gas mark 4.
2. Start by blitzing your spinach and coconut milk in a blender to create green juice! In a large bowl sift the flour and add the sugar, baking powder and shredded coconut, then mix together.
3. Add the lime zest and juice to your green juice. Then combine with the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Try not to mix too much, it'll make your cakes chewy.
4. Next, count out 12 paper cases and place them in your muffin tin. Spoon the mixture into each paper case and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cake comes out clean).
5. Once your cakes are baked, leave them to cool in the tin for five minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely. Now it's time to make your cake topping!
6. In a large bowl, combine the dairy free spread and custard powder. Then add 100g icing sugar at a time, and mix to form what looks like thick paste. Loosen with 1 teaspoon of coconut milk and finally whisk to create a light and fluffy custard buttercream topping.
7. Carefully spoon the icing into a piping bag and twist the end to keep the icing in. Then have fun piping a diamond swirl on top of each cake. Finally finish by placing a blueberry on top to complete your Brazilian World Cup-Cakes. Gooooaaaallll!!!! Come on!